Sunday 18 July 2010

Having had one hell of a week, i feel the need to write about it. One burning question i have is why...
Somedays I feel like locking myself away and not leaving my flat but when then does happen i feel so restless I just end up going out anyway, life is somewhat of a crazy world to live in. I wish I could just stop impulsively spending because it is really starting to get to me and yet no one actually listens. Having therapy is really hard, having read the "formulation" that has come out of my assessment period I feel somewhat unsettled by the terms used etc. Although walking back home helped me to process what had been said and the questions I should have asked but will now have to be left for another week! I sat in the art gallery cafe supping coffee and eating crumpets before i headed off to play wheelchair basketball. It was refreshing to see disabled children with some much energy about them. It always inspires me and keeps me motivated when i see a mother who is a wheelchair user who also has a young disabled daughter. Having left the session early due to dashing off to my tuesday night group, i felt good not only that I left the game knowing that my team was on a winning game but also how I watched the disabled mother try and get her daughter out of her wheelchair when she tipped up doing a relay exercise, and yet the 8yr old kept calm untell help came. How strong they both were and even though as a mother she would of felt helpless they worked together in order to get over the incident. I then had to endure a tricky taxi journey home with a muslim guy who asked me why all british think muslims are terrorists, and why it is wrong for muslim women to wear the hijab but british girls can wear next to nothing. It nearly ended in a heated debate having expressed my opinion that not all british women dress in this way or think it is even acceptable! Saturday was quite enjoyable spending my day doing card craft at a workshop, run by two older sisters who refuse to shorten my name, which is rather annoying, but become acceptable over the years I have been going there haha.

2 comments:

  1. Becky! Great to see you blogging again - as I said before, I really like your style of writing.

    Your words about what happened in the wheelchair basketball session are so touching, and I love that you are getting out there and trying things, even though some days you find it hard to go out.

    And crumpets are yummy! :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sarah, miss you and love you lots x

    ReplyDelete